Zoom Malaysia

Malaysian startup Zoom raises $1m in Gobi Partners-led pre-Series A

By
Posted

The latest funding round was joined by Cana Asia Limited, Spiral Ventures, and Cradle Fund.

CMS Opus Private Equity rebrands as COPE Private Equity

Malaysia-headquarted CMS Opus Private Equity Monday said it had rebranded to COPE Private Equity, and added that as it prepares for ‘next chapter of growth’, the name change would represent a ‘fresh identity and perspective’. Established in 2005, COPE Private Equity said it has assets under management (AuM) of over… Read more »


Malaysia’s Top Glove acquires Adventa Capital unit Aspion for $345m

The acquisition of Aspion makes Top Glove one of the world’s largest surgical glove manufacturers.


Singapore’s BM Mobility offers to buy Malaysia’s electric car-sharing firm UNiRIDE

The proposed acquisition would give BM Mobility the Malaysian dealership rights for the car sharing business.


Malaysia’s Equinas sells APIIT for $180m in KV Asia-backed management buyout

Ekuinas had invested in APIIT in 2011, buying a 51 per cent stake from Sapura Resources Bhd and in 2016 took over the remaining 49 per cent.


Malaysia’s Mydin looking to sell $12.5m Sam’s Groceria biz

Sale plan follows disposal of MyMydin convenience and closing of KR1M stores by Mydin last year


Malaysia: Axiata shares climb as carrier said to consider $500m tower IPO

The KL-based company may invite banks to formally pitch for a role on the deal this quarter.


Malaysian food delivery startup Dahmakan raises $2.6m

Texas Atlantic Capital, Swiss family office Atami Capital, and former founder of PE Fund APAX Partners joined the new round.


Malaysia’s Samling said to prepare $250m IPO for auto biz

Samling is working with advisers to explore a possible dual listing of the business in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore later this year.


South Korean ride-sharing startup SoCar to launch services in Malaysia

Malaysia will be the first overseas market for the South Korean startup.